GotPoetry.com > > Forums > > Poetry Workshops > > Post a poem > > waiting for aha
GotPoetry.com

Help
Toggle Content .:: Home :: Poems :: Workshop Forums :: Register :: Features ::.
Toggle Content Judge this Poem

Toggle Content User Info

Welcome Anonymous

Nickname
Password
(Register)

Membership:
Latest: filamgrl
New Today: 1
New Yesterday: 2
Overall: 16828

People Online:
Members: 1
Visitors: 208
Bots: 3
Staff: 0
Staff Online:

No staff currently online.

Toggle Content Paid Membership
Buy a paid membership and get more out of GotPoetry!

Advertise on the GotPoetry Advertising Network.

Toggle Content Donations
Donate with PayPal!
GotPoetry is a community supported site.
Due Date: Apr 30
April Goal: 180.00
Gross Amount: 0.00
PayPal Fees: 0.00
Net Balance: 0.00
Below Goal: 180.00
Site Currency: USD
 0%

Toggle Content Top Poetry Clubs

Forums > > Poetry Workshops > > Post a poem > > waiting for aha
My PostsMy Posts  SearchSearch   visitView posts since last: visitdayweekmonth

waiting for aha

Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index > > Post a poem
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bogeyman
Site Curator

Site Curator
Staff Picks!Staff Picks!Haiku contest - 3rd placePoem of the Month!Best CriticHaiku contest: 1st placejudgesjudgesjudge tanka contestJudges - The Old Year - 2008Judge-broken finger contestjudge for there is no place like home contestjudge/ekphrastic poetry contestJudge/leave the lights on contestJudge of the Luck of the 'I wish' contestJudge - haiku/senryu contest

Credits: 1049

PostPosted: Mon Aug 9 17:01:31 EDT 2010    Post subject: waiting for aha Reply with quote

no time to rhyme
the days keep moving
an orderly progression west
like sins committed, unconfessed
keep disappearing in the past

un-milked, my dreams continue mooing
unfed, my thoughts refuse to last
much longer than the flies that fast
fall softly from the stare-worn ceiling
into a messy, sticky pile

make cushion for my midnight kneeling -

i’m waiting
it will be a while

Deleted_User_6308
Who knew we would get this far?

Staff Picks!Poet of the Month!Staff Picks/September 2009Staff Picks/January 2010Staff Picks/March 2010

Credits: 0

PostPosted: Mon Aug 9 17:14:14 EDT 2010    Post subject: Re: waiting for aha Reply with quote

counting flies till you die and rest on them??

I love the subtlety of rhyme when read----------it doesn't look subtle, but the content of your poem, and the pacng , makes the rhymes almost undetectable---
smrt man,, and funny too

Bogeyman
Site Curator

Site Curator
Staff Picks!Staff Picks!Haiku contest - 3rd placePoem of the Month!Best CriticHaiku contest: 1st placejudgesjudgesjudge tanka contestJudges - The Old Year - 2008Judge-broken finger contestjudge for there is no place like home contestjudge/ekphrastic poetry contestJudge/leave the lights on contestJudge of the Luck of the 'I wish' contestJudge - haiku/senryu contest

PostPosted: Mon Aug 9 17:19:23 EDT 2010    Post subject: Re: waiting for aha Reply with quote

many thanks for the kind words, lash! <3 (i know it doesn't work here...LOL)

thewholesoul
Regular

Regular
Staff Picks/December 2009Winner Luck of the 'I wish' contestStaff Picks/May 2010Poem of the Month/August 2010Staff Picks/January 2011

Credits: 10

PostPosted: Mon Aug 9 19:41:14 EDT 2010    Post subject: Re: waiting for aha Reply with quote

hard to find a fault in that poem.

"un-milked, my dreams continue mooing" - that was a classic.

best wishes
conor

loisseau
Site Curator

Site Curator
Staff Picks!Staff Picks!Award staff member for JudgingAward staff member for JudgingGp staff judgejudgesjudgesjudge tanka contestJudges - The Old Year - 2008Judge-broken fingers contestjudge for there is no place like home contestjudge/ekphrastic poetry contestJudge/leave the lights on contestJudge of Luck of the 'I wish' contestJudge - Quartely Poetry ContestJudge - haiku/senryu contestJudge - holiday poetry contest

Credits: 310

PostPosted: Mon Aug 9 19:54:13 EDT 2010    Post subject: An epiphany will come-waiting for aha Reply with quote

B., a fine effort that rings true. I'd add an "and" at the beginning of L9 to smooth the read. Great piece!

J.

Bogeyman
Site Curator

Site Curator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10 0:41:49 EDT 2010    Post subject: Re: waiting for aha Reply with quote

conor, Jim,

thank you both for your feedback!

fogglethorpe

Staff Picks!Staff Picks!Staff Picks!Staff Picks!Seasons Poetry ContestStaff Picks!Blog Picks!Staff Picks!Staff Picks!Blog Picks!Staff Picks!Staff Picks!Poem of the Month/June 2009Best Critic/August 2009!Poet of the Month/November 2009Staff Picks/February 2010Staff Picks/March 2010Site Curator

Credits: 581

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10 10:43:17 EDT 2010    Post subject: Re: waiting for aha Reply with quote

This has a musical vibe that balances the heaviness of the message. A great write.

Bogeyman
Site Curator

Site Curator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10 11:43:49 EDT 2010    Post subject: Re: waiting for aha Reply with quote

thank you so much, fog!

blackdog724
Knows how to edit

Knows how to edit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23 1:31:49 EDT 2010    Post subject: Re: waiting for aha Reply with quote

At first glance i thought the cadence was a touch off, but on a second shot through i picked up the beat, I agree with Lash that its a very smart poem, an issue is just my error

blackdog724
Knows how to edit

Knows how to edit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23 1:36:45 EDT 2010    Post subject: Re: waiting for aha Reply with quote

At first glance i thought the cadence was a touch off, but on a second shot through i picked up the beat, I agree with Lash that its a very smart poem, an issue is just my error

wylde
Told love the world was on fire

Poem of the Month/April 2011Staff Picks/April 2011Poet of the Month/April 2011Poet of the Month/June 2011Poem of the Month/June 2011Staff Picks/November 2011Staff Picks/July 2013Staff Picks/March 2014

Credits: 14

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23 6:24:11 EDT 2010    Post subject: Re: waiting for aha Reply with quote

this simply rocked my socks off. a deft sculpting of wordage; imagery and intent.

for some reason i jarred a little abruptly at:

"an orderly progression west"

thinking of the movement of movements and that of earth (and life) turning on its axis towards the east? or am i just confused, anyway? lol.

truly enjoyed otherwise.

"everything average is fucking average
because average is the average."

~wylde~

Ozymandias

Staff Picks/June 2009Staff Picks - June 2009Staff Picks/May 2010Staff Picks/August 2010Staff Picks/September/ 2010Staff Picks/December 2010Judge - holiday poetry contestStaff Picks/January 2011Staff Picks/March 2011gotpoetry curator

Credits: 239

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23 19:15:30 EDT 2010    Post subject: Re: waiting for aha Reply with quote

Very fine writing, I agree with everyone about that. Just one thing - in L5, what is it that "keep disappearing"? The days or the sins? There's an ambiguity there that could be removed by punctuation or minor rewording.

“We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.” - Charles Bukowski

Bogeyman
Site Curator

Site Curator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23 22:57:21 EDT 2010    Post subject: Re: waiting for aha Reply with quote

blackdog, wylde, Oz - thank you all for your kind words and suggestions. of course, the days are the ones that keep disappearing like unconfessed sins (out of sight, out of mind, so to speak). i'll think about punctuation there, Oz. wylde, my days are associated with sunlight, so yes, there's a rotational movement of the earth that determines which way my days are going.

thank you all again,

B.

walrus
"I am RAREFIED!!!"

Best Critic!

Credits: 665

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28 19:02:21 EDT 2010    Post subject: Re: waiting for aha Reply with quote

Inspired line "un-milked, my dreams continue mooing". Geez mannn, if I had pants I would have peed them. Clean-up in isle 6 . . .

Enjoyed it the ride!

walrus

Deleted_User_9691
Likes the forums

Likes the forums
Poem of the Month/March 2010Poet of Month/August 2010Staff Picks/January 2011

Credits: 1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29 7:13:17 EDT 2010    Post subject: Re: waiting for aha Reply with quote

I agree with what Lash said. Overall, nice. I love the verses structured...

VonBear
Likes the forums

Likes the forums
Staff Picks!Staff Picks/November 2010Staff Picks/July 2013

Credits: 63

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30 20:06:13 EDT 2010    Post subject: Re: waiting for aha Reply with quote

Loved the stare-worn ceiling. VB

Bogeyman
Site Curator

Site Curator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 3 5:34:43 EDT 2010    Post subject: Re: waiting for aha Reply with quote

walrus, pink, von - thank you all for your kind words!

Crowded_Fire
Intrigued

Intrigued

Credits: 2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 3 10:50:17 EDT 2010    Post subject: Re: waiting for aha Reply with quote

Extremely well written and a joy to read. Couldn't find a fault in it; I also agree with thewholesoul, about the un-milked line!

Bogeyman
Site Curator

Site Curator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 3 11:39:11 EDT 2010    Post subject: Re: waiting for aha Reply with quote

many thanks, CF! glad you liket it Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index > > Post a poem All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: