GotPoetry.com > > Forums > > Got Whatever... > > Help Desk > > Two Doubts..
GotPoetry.com

Help
Toggle Content .:: Home :: Poems :: Workshop Forums :: Register :: Features ::.
Toggle Content Judge this Poem

Toggle Content User Info

Welcome Anonymous

Nickname
Password
(Register)

Membership:
Latest: neffsamson
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 16963

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 99
Bots: 1
Staff: 0
Staff Online:

No staff currently online.

Toggle Content Paid Membership
Buy a paid membership and get more out of GotPoetry!

Advertise on the GotPoetry Advertising Network.

Toggle Content Donations
Donate with PayPal!
GotPoetry is a community supported site.
Due Date: Oct 31
October Goal: 230.00
Gross Amount: 20.00
PayPal Fees: 0.88
Net Balance: 19.12
Below Goal: 210.88
Site Currency: USD
 8%
October Donations
7th  Blondie

Toggle Content Top Poetry Clubs

Forums > > Got Whatever... > > Help Desk > > Two Doubts..
My PostsMy Posts  SearchSearch   visitView posts since last: visitdayweekmonth

Two Doubts..

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aravind
Knows how to edit

Knows how to edit
Poet of the Month/May 2010Poem of the Month/May 2010

Credits: 1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27 7:17:11 EDT 2011    Post subject: Two Doubts.. Reply with quote

I've some doubts and I'm posting them here! Please don't mind me if they are stupid!

1) How does the staff picks work? Do the staff go through all the popular poems posted in that particular month or will poems posted earlier also come into play?

2) When I come to GP as a guest ( not signed in) I can see a front page. With News/Popular Poets/Whats in workshop and stuff. In that page, when i scroll down, I see my display pic along with some others. What does that mean? I Couldn't see any title or anything. Just a proverb below!

This is not a doubt, but I can't help it.
The form poetry forum is stagnant now! :O
Do something! LoL..

Deleted_User_4811
Who knew we would get this far?

Who knew we would get this far?
Staff Picks!Staff Picks!Staff Picks!Staff Picks!Seasons Poetry ContestStaff Picks!Blog Picks!Staff Picks!Staff Picks!Blog Picks!Staff Picks!Staff Picks!Poem of the Month/June 2009Best Critic/August 2009!Poet of the Month/November 2009Staff Picks/February 2010Staff Picks/March 2010

Credits: 582

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27 12:47:29 EDT 2011    Post subject: Re: Two Doubts.. Reply with quote

1) I try to read as much poetry on GP as I can every month. When a particular poem stands out, I make a note of it. I usually end up with a list of about six to eight pieces, and I choose two of those for staff picks.

Other staff members may do it differently.

2) I think those are just random profiles of active poets.

The Form forum is active sporadically. It's funny that you brought that up, by the way..I am about to post something there.

Aravind
Knows how to edit

Knows how to edit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27 21:29:27 EDT 2011    Post subject: Re: Two Doubts.. Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply! Saw ur Musette! Glad that its still active.
By the way, are the poets/poem of the month slams still there?? I couldnt see any in the finished slam section...
Im askin these questions as I was inactive for a while due to lack of internet availability!

Deleted_User_10084
The first hundred years are the hardest

Poet of the Month/April 2010Blog Picks for April 2010Poem of the Month/April 2010Staff Picks/May 2010Staff Picks/May 2010Blog Picks/May 2010Staff Picks/June 2010Staff Picks/June 2010Judge - Quartely Poetry ContestEat Chicken!Winner-haiku contest - September 2010Blog Picks/ November 2010Staff Picks/January 2011Blog Picks/September 2011Staff Picks/October 2011Staff Picks/March 2012Blog Picks/July 2012Staff Picks/July 2012Staff Picks/October 2012

Credits: 97

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28 13:01:45 EDT 2011    Post subject: Re: Two Doubts.. Reply with quote

the poet/poem slams are no longer being called. members were creating multiple accounts and using them to vote for themselves in those contests, which is clearly against the rules that members agree to when they register. this info is in one of Mamta's blogs, and i believe also in a Coffee Shop post, but i could be wrong there. anywho, those slams are now defunct.

Aravind
Knows how to edit

Knows how to edit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28 19:09:50 EDT 2011    Post subject: Re: Two Doubts.. Reply with quote

oh crap! Who are those faggots!!!?? This is bad, man.. Maybe GP should start some other contest in which we can earn badges..Something that doesn't require votes..Or only votes of the staff...Or something like the staff picks but more wide..
Argh!!

Deleted_User_10084

Poet of the Month/April 2010Blog Picks for April 2010Poem of the Month/April 2010Staff Picks/May 2010Staff Picks/May 2010Blog Picks/May 2010Staff Picks/June 2010Staff Picks/June 2010Judge - Quartely Poetry ContestEat Chicken!Winner-haiku contest - September 2010Blog Picks/ November 2010Staff Picks/January 2011Blog Picks/September 2011Staff Picks/October 2011Staff Picks/March 2012Blog Picks/July 2012Staff Picks/July 2012Staff Picks/October 2012

Credits: 97

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28 19:36:53 EDT 2011    Post subject: Re: Two Doubts.. Reply with quote

first of all, i find the term "faggot" extremely offensive, especially to a gay man such as myself. second, i don't really think we need badges to prove that we are good poets. yes, the contests are fun to enter, even more fun when you win...but at the end of the day, they are only badges. the staff picks mean more to me than the contest wins.

Aravind
Knows how to edit

Knows how to edit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28 21:46:10 EDT 2011    Post subject: Re: Two Doubts.. Reply with quote

Hey sorry! I didnt mean any offense! I have buried myself in TinTin books now and I love captain Haddock!(lost in nostalgia!) Maybe its his influence(whiskey drinkin' pirate!)!!! Sorry again, man! You are right. Staff picks are better recognition that slam/contest wins. But they were really fun to join and the excitement to see whether you are in the next round and stuff were unique to those slams.. Anyway, I trust in GP to find an alternative!

Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index > > Help Desk All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: