GotPoetry.com > > Forums > > Clubs and Cafe's > > The Coffee Shop > > Say something nice about...
GotPoetry.com

Help
Toggle Content .:: Home :: Poems :: Workshop Forums :: Register :: Features ::.
Toggle Content Judge this Poem

Toggle Content User Info

Welcome Anonymous

Nickname
Password
(Register)

Membership:
Latest: xLx
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 16888

People Online:
Members: 1
Visitors: 205
Bots: 2
Staff: 2
Staff Online:
01: fogglethorpe
02: mamta

Toggle Content Paid Membership
Buy a paid membership and get more out of GotPoetry!

Advertise on the GotPoetry Advertising Network.

Toggle Content Donations
Donate with PayPal!
GotPoetry is a community supported site.
Due Date: Jul 31
July Goal: 180.00
Gross Amount: 0.00
PayPal Fees: 0.00
Net Balance: 0.00
Below Goal: 180.00
Site Currency: USD
 0%

Toggle Content Top Poetry Clubs

Forums > > Clubs and Cafe's > > The Coffee Shop > > Say something nice about...
My PostsMy Posts  SearchSearch   visitView posts since last: visitdayweekmonth

Say something nice about...

Go to page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index > > The Coffee Shop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deleted_User_4315
Poet

Poet
Blog Picks!Poet of the Month!Seasons Poetry Contest!Poem of the Month!Poet of the Month/July 2009judge for there is no place like home contestStaff Picks/September 2009judge/ekphrastic poetry contestStaff Picks/October 2009Judge of Luck of the 'I wish' contestPoem of the Month/Marc 2011Staff Picks/January 2013Staff Picks/April 2013

Credits: 44

PostPosted: Thu Oct 4 8:24:52 EDT 2012    Post subject: Say something nice about... Reply with quote

Let's see how far a positive post will go Smile. Say something nice about someone on GP. You can do more than one person.

Omegapaf - always makes me laugh. has a kind heart and if in a slam will rate the others highly.

Pujakins - a gentle soul with a lot of love

Induce - one of the first friends I made here on GP and has stood by me through thick and thin.

I will add more as time goes by... please feel free to start your own lists.

fogglethorpe
Who knew we would get this far?

Staff Picks!Staff Picks!Staff Picks!Staff Picks!Seasons Poetry ContestStaff Picks!Blog Picks!Staff Picks!Staff Picks!Blog Picks!Staff Picks!Staff Picks!Poem of the Month/June 2009Best Critic/August 2009!Poet of the Month/November 2009Staff Picks/February 2010Staff Picks/March 2010Site Curator

Credits: 581

PostPosted: Thu Oct 4 9:14:53 EDT 2012    Post subject: Re: Say something nice about... Reply with quote

Mamta- She does so much more around here than people realize, and never asks for kudos from anyone. I don't know what GP would do without her.

wordsmithwannabe
The first hundred years are the hardest

The first hundred years are the hardest
Poet of the Month/April 2010Blog Picks for April 2010Poem of the Month/April 2010Staff Picks/May 2010Staff Picks/May 2010Blog Picks/May 2010Staff Picks/June 2010Staff Picks/June 2010Judge - Quartely Poetry ContestEat Chicken!Winner-haiku contest - September 2010Blog Picks/ November 2010Staff Picks/January 2011Blog Picks/September 2011Staff Picks/October 2011Staff Picks/March 2012Blog Picks/July 2012Staff Picks/July 2012Staff Picks/October 2012GP Curator

Credits: 97
Location: Somewhere between a rock, a hard place, and all points in between. Also known as Vancouver, WA...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 4 9:31:28 EDT 2012    Post subject: Re: Say something nice about... Reply with quote

where to start??!!??!!

butterflyzrfree - she works very hard at her craft and always seeks to better herself as a writer. i find that extremely admirable.

Leggolas - one of the first to befriend me here and still someone who drops me a line every now and then just to say hello.

wolfinwindow - one of the gentlest, kindest souls i've ever met (well, digitally anyway...lol), much like her sister Bonnie Wink

kylebank
Galileo is laughing at you from on high

Galileo is laughing at you from on high
Staff Picks/April 2012Staff Picks/March 2011Staff Picks/April 2011Staff Picks/May 2011Blog Picks/May 2012Staff Picks/April 2013

Credits: 73

PostPosted: Thu Oct 4 10:47:45 EDT 2012    Post subject: Re: Say something nice about... Reply with quote

FuchsiaFestival! - so eager to learn and grow. And she has an exclamation point in her name, which equals awesome.

Fogglethorpe - Hugh has given me great advice in forums, and I see him constantly supporting, encouraging, and teaching other poets all the time.

electrictiger - I love passionate people. Chris has given me incredible encouragement here, and it always seems to arrive at just the right time.

wordsmithwannabe - social butterfly. Not afraid to get into the thick of things, but always respectful and kind.

butterflyzrfree - I have a lot of admiration for Gail. Not afraid to try something new and just put it out there. She also has an amazing capacity to forgive.

judih
Has written an Occasional poem or two.

Staff Picks/January 2011

Credits: 90

PostPosted: Thu Oct 4 11:15:33 EDT 2012    Post subject: Re: Say something nice about... Reply with quote

wylde - always fascinating and deals in the unexpected
butterflyzrfree - constant source of creativity
leggolas - an extrovert in introvert's clothing
induce - upbeat, warm, creative
alana - delightful
fogglethorpe - continual pursuit of new artform - intriguing
ozymandias - clever, dramatic
mamta - wonderful touch with the haiku forum and her own work
shc8688 - courageous
zbird - thank you for running the jams

so many more - thanks to all - i still feel new here and have barely spread my wings past haiku eaters - but appreciate the energies here

electrictiger
Told love the world was on fire

Told love the world was on fire
Staff Picks/October 2009Staff Picks/June 2010Blog Picks/ November 2010Staff Picks/December 2010Blog Picks/June 2011Staff Picks/December 2011Staff Picks/February 2012Blog Picks/January 2013Staff Picks/March 2013Staff Picks/August 2013Staff Picks/October 2013

Credits: 334

PostPosted: Thu Oct 4 16:40:39 EDT 2012    Post subject: Re: Say something nice about... Reply with quote

Zbird - buoyant, resilient, and someone I should get to know better.
scmatsuura - constant source of encouragement and beautiful words.
doris - fellow minstrel; her sharp wit and her fearlessness have gotten me through more than one day.
butterflyzrfree - her unflagging courage and determination
pujankins - our gentle lotus of change.
fuchsiafestival! - relentless curiosity & unfettered imagination
wylde - for being wylde, and for whisperscreaming; don't stop.
mayo - She held my hand when I needed it most, and also, let it go when it was time. I am indebted for both.
mamta - enigmatic, full of surprises, and vivacious
ozymandias - the voice of reason when I needed to hear it, and a constant wit. I also want driving lessons from him!
fogglethorpe - the reasoned calm at the center of our storm, and a great teacher.
anna9 - unwavering kindness
alana - delightfully quirky and quixotic in all the right ways, and never a dull moment.
induce - always a kind word for everyone
wordsmithwannabe - my constant north star
Kylebank - unshakeably enthusiastic, writer of the most beautiful poems about trout I've ever seen , and, of course, the most chimerical guy I know.
izmeiah - for 15 years of constant friendship

to anyone left out - for putting up with a grouchy tiger all these years, I am grateful; more growls to come.

Last edited by electrictiger on Sat Oct 6 15:37:50 EDT 2012; edited 1 time in total

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Photo Gallery
wylde
Starved and screamed and ate mad dogs

Starved and screamed and ate mad dogs
Poem of the Month/April 2011Staff Picks/April 2011Poet of the Month/April 2011Poet of the Month/June 2011Poem of the Month/June 2011Staff Picks/November 2011Staff Picks/July 2013Staff Picks/March 2014

Credits: 2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 5 6:20:39 EDT 2012    Post subject: Re: Say something nice about... Reply with quote

et - great great friend beautiful meeow's and even delicious clause/s

judih - we go back a 1000 years.

anna9 - surprises me even though infrequently

doris - support. ribald. direct. lovely friend.

foggs - for taking some energy to 'get my drift' and even enjoy and like it from time to time.

kylebank - looks so soft n cute. but has a razor mind. and a depth i didnt find obvious.

fuschcia - i consider my new sistermoon.

wordsmith - his articulations and nuances breach just his writing and spill into his interactions.

gail - who brought me to the site.

mamata - integrity & dedicationsays it all.

ozymandias - doesnt synch with my writing, but always gives me a chance.

Kate Burnell - raw truth/s

VonBear - much missed.

maryanns - just so in synch with my political ethos.

induce - sweetiepie.

bwp - for calling me out - when he feels he needs to. and making myself surprise myself.

walrus - little known. much missed.

Humanicide - incisive

I see no point in exploring areas that have already been thoroughly surveyed.

~William S. Burroughs ~

Deleted_User_13598
Compares Alliteration, Assonance & Rhyme

Compares Alliteration, Assonance & Rhyme
Staff Picks/April 2013Blog Picks/June 2013

Credits: 79

PostPosted: Fri Oct 5 9:25:57 EDT 2012    Post subject: Re: Say something nice about... Reply with quote

I love maryanns. I continue to discover similar back stories between us. She is very talented and kind and has a quick wit.

The boys from the litter box...you are all precious and precocious and prickly and prideful. I love you as you are. I'd flash my boobies at you any day.

fogglethorpe, I find you fair and honest. Two qualities that I respect most in a man.

Ozymandias, as the only other curator to interact with me I find you brilliant and gentle and I imagine your laughter would roll around me in a comforting, teasing way.

graphitegirl is an amazing writer. She outshines most people here on the site, yet she is humble. Lovely woman. I wish I knew her in person.

fushia, like any great teen she is both eager and passionate. If she continues on this growth path she will outdo us all in the very near future.

sedubah, I love how his comments to you are more about what the poem made him think about and I love how free he is to share those thoughts. I think I could sit and listen to him all night long.

I am not not much for compliments however. I wasn't really raised to shower anyone with them. I find that often compliments are disingenuous, and you all know how I feel about disingenuousness. Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Deleted_User_13598 on Wed Oct 31 10:10:34 EDT 2012; edited 1 time in total

omegapaf
Knows how to edit

Knows how to edit
Staff Picks!Staff Picks/Match 2010

Credits: 16

PostPosted: Fri Oct 5 14:35:59 EDT 2012    Post subject: Re: Say something nice about... Reply with quote

mahala blu adams is the best poet i have ever read.......anywhere....at any time.
- nice one bonita.

Gary
Regular

Regular
Staff Picks/September 2012

Credits: 0

PostPosted: Sat Oct 6 15:35:23 EDT 2012    Post subject: Re: Say something nice about... Reply with quote

Omegapaf for courage and clarity

Deepali for genuiness

Zbird and Wolfinwindow for genuiness

Gail for kindness

Induce for friendship

Maryanns for friendship

Ossy for friendship

Alana for sweetness

Leggolas for inspiration

fogglethorpe

Staff Picks!Staff Picks!Staff Picks!Staff Picks!Seasons Poetry ContestStaff Picks!Blog Picks!Staff Picks!Staff Picks!Blog Picks!Staff Picks!Staff Picks!Poem of the Month/June 2009Best Critic/August 2009!Poet of the Month/November 2009Staff Picks/February 2010Staff Picks/March 2010Site Curator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31 10:04:18 EDT 2012    Post subject: Re: Say something nice about... Reply with quote

Induce has been a good friend to me, often sending notes of encouragement. I appreciate him.

induce

Poet of the Month!Staff Picks!Staff Picks/July 2009!Eat Chicken!Poet of the Month/December 2010Staff Picks/January 2011Staff Picks/March 2013

Credits: 169

PostPosted: Thu Nov 8 10:09:00 EST 2012    Post subject: Re: Say something nice about... Reply with quote

Zbird wrote:
Let's see how far a positive post will go Smile. Say something nice about someone on GP. You can do more than one person.

Omegapaf - always makes me laugh. has a kind heart and if in a slam will rate the others highly.

Induce - one of the first friends I made here on GP and has stood by me through thick and thin.

Bonnie, true, respect my friend. Keep up the great work you do ans always have down.

luv' yah;
andYE

induce

Poet of the Month!Staff Picks!Staff Picks/July 2009!Eat Chicken!Poet of the Month/December 2010Staff Picks/January 2011Staff Picks/March 2013

PostPosted: Thu Nov 8 10:12:02 EST 2012    Post subject: Re: Say something nice about... Reply with quote

fogglethorpe wrote:
Induce has been a good friend to me, often sending notes of encouragement. I appreciate him.

Dangnabit* Hugh I was just about to say keep it up my buddy.

No I mean it I can not imagine Got Poetry without you ,

All the best mate,

andye

induce

PostPosted: Thu Nov 8 10:15:49 EST 2012    Post subject: Re: Say something nice about... Reply with quote

wylde wrote:
et - great great friend beautiful meeow's and even delicious clause/s

judih - we go back a 1000 years.

anna9 - surprises me even though infrequently

doris - support. ribald. direct. lovely friend.

foggs - for taking some energy to 'get my drift' and even enjoy and like it from time to time.

kylebank - looks so soft n cute. but has a razor mind. and a depth i didnt find obvious.

fuschcia - i consider my new sistermoon.

wordsmith - his articulations and nuances breach just his writing and spill into his interactions.

gail - who brought me to the site.

mamata - integrity & dedicationsays it all.

ozymandias - doesnt synch with my writing, but always gives me a chance.

Kate Burnell - raw truth/s

VonBear - much missed.

maryanns - just so in synch with my political ethos.

induce - sweetiepie.

bwp - for calling me out - when he feels he needs to. and making myself surprise myself.

walrus - little known. much missed.

Humanicide - incisive

Okay! nah' cheers man, my brother. I picture a spun out pic when I think
of you and write this, it means a lot my friend

(never a full stop)

keep penning
your buddy,
andYe

induce

PostPosted: Thu Nov 8 10:17:48 EST 2012    Post subject: Re: Say something nice about... Reply with quote

Gary wrote:
Omegapaf for courage and clarity

Deepali for genuiness

Zbird and Wolfinwindow for genuiness

Gail for kindness

Induce for friendship

Maryanns for friendship

Ossy for friendship

Alana for sweetness

Leggolas for inspiration

Gary, thank you my buddy! your words of friendship are inspiring.

keep penning my long time friend,
andYe

induce

PostPosted: Thu Nov 8 10:21:36 EST 2012    Post subject: Re: Say something nice about... Reply with quote

electrictiger wrote:
Zbird - buoyant, resilient, and someone I should get to know better.
scmatsuura - constant source of encouragement and beautiful words.
doris - fellow minstrel; her sharp wit and her fearlessness have gotten me through more than one day.
butterflyzrfree - her unflagging courage and determination
pujankins - our gentle lotus of change.
fuchsiafestival! - relentless curiosity & unfettered imagination
wylde - for being wylde, and for whisperscreaming; don't stop.
mayo - She held my hand when I needed it most, and also, let it go when it was time. I am indebted for both.
mamta - enigmatic, full of surprises, and vivacious
ozymandias - the voice of reason when I needed to hear it, and a constant wit. I also want driving lessons from him!
fogglethorpe - the reasoned calm at the center of our storm, and a great teacher.
anna9 - unwavering kindness
alana - delightfully quirky and quixotic in all the right ways, and never a dull moment.
induce - always a kind word for everyone
wordsmithwannabe - my constant north star
Kylebank - unshakeably enthusiastic, writer of the most beautiful poems about trout I've ever seen , and, of course, the most chimerical guy I know.
izmeiah - for 15 years of constant friendship

to anyone left out - for putting up with a grouchy tiger all these years, I am grateful; more growls to come.

Electrictiger, thank you so much, I try hard to keep the smiles up,

I love how you have noted this

Keep Penning my friend,

reaspect,
andYe

induce

PostPosted: Thu Nov 8 10:23:12 EST 2012    Post subject: Re: Say something nice about... Reply with quote

Zbird wrote:

Thank you Bonnie. In a big way.
andye

induce

PostPosted: Thu Nov 8 10:25:22 EST 2012    Post subject: Re: Say something nice about... Reply with quote

fogglethorpe wrote:
Mamta- She does so much more around here than people realize, and never asks for kudos from anyone. I don't know what GP would do without her.

Hugh, so true, Mamta helped me also greatly in a massive way.

brownbwi
Site Curator

Site Curator
Award staff member for Judgingjudges

Credits: 0

PostPosted: Thu Nov 8 15:06:00 EST 2012    Post subject: Re: Say something nice about... Reply with quote

I can only speak for those that i have known for years: Mamta has been around about as long as i have and is like family at this point and i know if it weren't for her the lights wouldn't be on around here. Hugh is a great writer and has been supportive and encouraging for many years. Induce has been a friend for years and is a gem for the GP family. Everyone else i'm just getting to know again. Please feel free to send me a message or comment, i don't bite Rolling Eyes

induce

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10 12:00:46 EST 2012    Post subject: Re: Say something nice about... Reply with quote

brownbwi wrote:
I can only speak for those that i have known for years: Mamta has been around about as long as i have and is like family at this point and i know if it weren't for her the lights wouldn't be on around here. Hugh is a great writer and has been supportive and encouraging for many years. Induce has been a friend for years and is a gem for the GP family. Everyone else i'm just getting to know again. Please feel free to send me a message or comment, i don't bite Rolling Eyes

I'm listening. Take you so much Brownbwi,
Keep those words ah'happening',
best wishes mate and encouragement massive,

So true man, I remember doing karma 'deals' back wit' yah' in the 2007 block, Great memories and fun my friend,

Induce ... hmmm... I think they were paid back wit' interest!???? Smile Cool

maryanns

Blog Picks!Staff Picks!Poem of the Month!Poet of the Month!Staff Picks/July 2010Blog Picks/August 2011Staff Picks/October 2011Staff Picks/November 2011Staff Picks/November 2011Staff Picks/November 2012Blog Picks/September 2013Staff Picks/April 2014

Credits: 16

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10 21:49:13 EST 2012    Post subject: Re: Say something nice about... Reply with quote

Gotta love this lovefest...
but this is one of those lists where it's too sad to leave anyone out.

All I second, plus (in no particular order):

Liarbird - Gentleman Aussie cowboy poet
Badmalthus - Zen master extraordinaire
Wordlover - Dear friend, I hope you're feeling better
Glen - A real live British gentleman
Rondo - He's more than just a little red devil from California
DreamingDemon - He's not just here for Halloween
Plasticity - Always writes from her heart
JPerry1980 - For Waylon, Willie and the Boys
Nerdgirl - Makin' it on her own
Keeperofhope - Hat's off to a real soldier
Ramonez - Good friend to have in Thailand
Lewtoo - Who just called me late for dinner

Everybody rocks here - more later...

Arsaces - Who could miss reading this thoughtful poet
Michaelfirewalker - Mere words are not enough to describe
Essex68 - Nature and beauty at it's best
Rabbitt - Never a dull moment on any subject
Npreminin - New to gp, but what a worthwhile find
EgoRocks_2x - Sheer enthusiasm for words
Doubt41 - He keeps coming back with more
Maddyakka - Where in the world are you, my friend?

... and many, many more. After this, I won't do lists any more.

Lists are nice and interesting, yet some lists revolve circular
- over and over like some kind of recognition name game.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Photo Gallery
fogglethorpe

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11 18:11:08 EST 2012    Post subject: Re: Say something nice about... Reply with quote

brownbwi wrote:

Billy, thanks, and the respect is mutual. I have always loved your writing and artwork. You are a true poet and artist.

Deleted_User_4315
Poet

Poet
Blog Picks!Poet of the Month!Seasons Poetry Contest!Poem of the Month!Poet of the Month/July 2009judge for there is no place like home contestStaff Picks/September 2009judge/ekphrastic poetry contestStaff Picks/October 2009Judge of Luck of the 'I wish' contestPoem of the Month/Marc 2011Staff Picks/January 2013Staff Picks/April 2013

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12 12:14:04 EST 2012    Post subject: Re: Say something nice about... Reply with quote

This has been great and I hope we can keep it going. When I posted it there was a lot of fighting and anger and hate going on in the coffee shop and I just wanted to remind everyone of all the good that is here in GP and hoped to bring us back to respecting each other instead of dissing each other. This has been a good exercise in reminding us how much we like each other and for so many different reasons.

Everyone on here is special to me for various reasons. Those who tolerate my missives to enter the slams Smile and those who actually do enter! lol! I love you all! Every day I read poems that make me laugh, make me cry, make me think and yes even some that make me angry... but they all make me feel something real and for that I appreciate those who work hard and post poems to share with us. I wish I could be more prolific and contribute more poetry wise.

We are family! We fight, we love, we get angry, we make up but in the end we are GP! Let's remember this little post the next time we want to start a hate thread. Keep the peace!

Deleted_User_4315
Poet

Poet

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12 12:23:27 EST 2012    Post subject: Re: Say something nice about... Reply with quote

And now to keep the names and praises flowing I will add a few more people that have made my days here brighter and more fun.

Big Bad Wolf - who makes me hungry with the great meals he describes that he cooks (LOL) and his poetry can often break my heart

jadia4708au - his gentle poems are like prayers for peace

angeroseblue - her poetry can make me blush but I enjoy her spirit and joy in life.

dav.smith - his caring spirit comes through in all his poems.

woodster - one word to describe him... Sweetie! yes, he is a sweetie!

delusional - reminds us that love of family is most important and everything else falls in place if that love is strong.

so many more and I hope we will all come back from time to time and post more names so we can remember why we are here. Peace Out!

wolfinwindow
Knows how to edit

Knows how to edit
Poem of the Month/September 2009Staff Picks/October 2009Poet of the Month/March 2010Staff Picks/October 2011Staff Picks/January 2012Staff Picks/December 2012Staff Picks/December 2013

Credits: 4

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12 14:53:23 EST 2012    Post subject: Re: Say something nice about... Reply with quote

z-bird - if it wasn't for her I wouldn't even be here today.
wordsmithwannabe - one of the finest poets we have on this site. He makes me laugh and cry.
I will name more later. I love you all.

"Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death" Albert Einstein

Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index > > The Coffee Shop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: